Sunday, October 19, 2014

Monday Morning Perspective

One of those blogging moments I wish my vocabulary was much larger than it is. I just don't know the words to share that I felt as my husband was preaching that message. I felt an all encompassing presence of the Holy Spirit. I was convicted. I was challenged. I was motivated. I felt burdened and at the same time full of hope. That word from our pastor on James 2:1-13 was one we all need to hear. I can't imagine anyone not being motivated in some way to look deep within and feel God put His finger tenderly on a spot within us and be grateful for His grace! 
Eddie was right when he said too often favoritism happens in the church. We look at the rich man and see how he can help us. We look at the poor man and see that he may need our help. Favoritism is always inconsistent with the life and teachings of Jesus, it's inconsistent with the character of God and with the royal law. 
I love Eddie's emphasis on greeters and ushers and the important role they play in the church. My favorite part today happened after the service. We had probably 3 families and 1 lady who have been visiting that told us how well they have been treated at Fairview every week that they've visited. One told us they were probably spoken to 20 times from the parking lot to the worship center. THAT is how we love people together, ALL people! And visitors keep coming back! 

No comments: