Monday, March 31, 2014

Monday Morning Perspective

I've asked my oldest daughter to write my Monday morning perspective blog this morning. Her sweet husband graciously agreed to fill in for my man yesterday since we were away and his staff member who normally fills in was away as well. We got amazing feedback on the service so I didn't want to miss the opportunity to share. Thank you Chrissie Hux for now being my fill in! Enjoy my friends!!!
Good morning afternoon, Fairview! We had so much fun worshipping with you yesterday and being able to put some of your faces to a name that we've heard so much about! We really appreciate all of the love that you've poured out over my parents in the last year! I know that you've been blessed by them as well as them being blessed by all of you!

Yesterday morning, aside from learning that you probably never want to live in Florida, my husband was able to break down Luke 8: 22-27a in a way that was able to reach an 8-year old boy, a non-believer, and someone that has been walking with the Lord for the majority of their life. I love that about my husband and I love that about God's word. We were encouraged that through stormy situations, God tends to do His greatest transformations in our lives! I think the majority of us (myself included) don't seek God as earnestly when the sun's shining as we do when a storm hits our life.

Throughout this story in Luke, we learn many things that can be applicable to our lives today. We see that it was Jesus' idea to get in the boat and head into the storm. No storm in your life takes God by surprise. Though we may be worried, God's not. When we understand that God's with us, we don't care what or who comes against us! The disciples seemed annoyed that Jesus was sleeping while they were fighting this storm. Sometimes we feel as though Jesus is asleep during the storms of our own lives. Be encouraged that just because He's sometimes silent it doesn't mean He's absent

I'm always reminded through this story, and many others in the bible, that God does care about our every need. If we can trust Him with our eternity, can we not trust Him in the smaller areas of our lives? Although it's harder to trust Jesus if we don't know Him. With our world today, it's hard to trust those we don't know. The same goes with our relationship with Jesus. Why should we trust Him if we don't know Him? My husband challenged us as individuals as well as a body of Christ to have a bigger faith. The disciples didn't need a bigger boat, they needed a bigger faith. I'd love to see what would happen if the people of Christ had a bigger faith!

I hope you were encouraged to "Keep Calm" yesterday and realize that storms are temporary but our God is eternal. Storms come and go, not lasting forever. Luke 8: 27 says that Jesus stepped ashore. As a follower of Christ, you will make it to the other side. Keep Calm!

No comments: