Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday Morning Perspective

I'm sitting here this Monday morn totally full and overwhelmed at God's goodness. If He never offers another blessing, He's done more for me than I could ever express enough gratitude for!! It's so true, you really cannot outgive God!! I'm so thankful for my family, parents who passed on a godly heritage, children who love and serve Jesus and two have married those who equally love Him! Thankful for a husband who has led and continues to lead our family well and loves us as Christ truly loves His church. I'm so thankful for all the people God has brought into our lives to minister to and receive ministry from, to serve alongside and lead. Just plain thankful for the journey and as I told someone a few days ago terribly thankful that at 49 the journey of the past few years has been the best ever. Just tells me that it is true that serving Him gets better n better, sweeter and sweeter!!
Ok on to yesterday!! It was a fabulous day at fairview. We got to meet so many visitors who shared their story of coming to visit with us. God continues to show us that He is going to continue to bring the people to fairview to do the work that He's called us to do. He is so faithful!!
Our message from Nehemiah was such a challenge. There were so many quotes from the message so I thought this Monday I would just list some of my fave quotes my husband said. Here goes...
Nehemiah never let problems or possibilities get in the way of his priority and that priority was prayer. 
He was a leader from the knees up. 
Our private life dictates our public life 
We can pray quick prayers at times but have the devotional life to back it up. 
Leaders don't pass blame. They accept responsibility. (Have to say I think this is what makes my husband a great leader. He's willing to take blame). 
Losers are excusers and accusers. 
Higher your view of self, the less compassion you'll have on others. 
We preach repentance to unbelievers but we don't practice it as believers and that's the epitome if hypocracy. 
Sin scatters God gathers. 
Thankful for a man who preaches the Word without apology!!!! 
I know it was a rainy day but for me it was near perfect. It rained out John's game which I hate but the blessing was he got to come over for church and he and Angie spent the day (actually Til about 11pm) with us! We got Jessica and Justin as well for a rare afternoon and night (again Til 11pm). My parents got to come to church with us and have lunch. We missed Michael and Chrissie and Brooklynn but got to face time. We sure missed Stephen but we all watched his game online so he was kinda sorta here. God is good ALL the time!!


No comments: