Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday Morning Perspective

First of all the service yesterday was one of the most heart warming.  The worship center was full of Pink and the  awareness time was special I thought.  One of the perks to sitting up close is to be able to see faces so well.  My heart is so warmed to watch those who aren't just singing, they are worshipping.  To see tears welled up in eyes and hands raised and to know that for so many it's a true sacrifice of praise is almost more than I can bear at times.  To know some stories behind the faces and yet they are worshipping and praising in the midst of some heavy burdens, that's what it's all about to me.
Ok, well my man brought the Word again challenging us to live life on that higher level, allowing God to transform our lives as we choose to live a committed life to Christ not just rest in a decision we made.  My favorite point had to be on Separation.  So challenging to reflect on just how much we tie ourselves to this world system.  We are enamored with celebrities and their lifestyles.  Our moods rise and fall with what our favorite team did that weekend.  We rush to stores to get the latest in fashion.  We buy the expensive jewelry to look a part or expensive things for the home to "keep up with the Jones".  I loved the key comment...Be a person controlled from above and not influenced from below.  That's one statement I know I will be pondering all week.
Have a blessed week!  And by the way...the Fall Festival was a huge success.  Way to serve the community MBC family.

No comments: