Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday Morning Perspective

This will be a different MMP.  I wasn't at Millbrook yesterday so I can't give thoughts on the sermon so I'm going to give a perspective on where I was yesterday, not the sermon except to say it was FABULOUS, but on the event.  It may be a bit wordy so if you don't like to read especially mush, tune out now cause here goes...
I left dark and early yesterday morning to head to Greenville, SC.  My precious new son-in-law Michael and my daughter Chrissie were being presented to Clearview Baptist as prospective student pastor.  That's where I was and why.  Backup...
The drive that morning took me about 2hours 45min.  It was 2hours and 45min of awesome Christian radio with praise and worship music, lots of prayer, and lots of praise of what God has done.  I told someone yesterday that part of the fun of getting older is being able to look back on all that God has done and how He has worked. It gives courage and faith to keep going knowing that He will continue working even when we can't see clearly in the hear and now.  Over and over I kept telling Him, "I just can't believe how faithful and remarkable You are to Your people".  It's as if He keeps doing things to show off and say "you ain't seen nothing yet".  I don't know why I'm so amazed!!  He promises good to His people.  He promises that He will never leave us or forsake us.  He promises to do more than we can imagine.  And yet I keep standing there with my mouth open saying, "I can't believe this".
I sat there in that church looking at Chrissie standing there by her new husband and him standing there sharing his testimony and his love for Jesus and students, and all I could think of was "God, you never cease to amaze me at how good you are and how awesome are Your ways".  Chrissie grew up in a pastor's family and honestly there are days I think  "anything else for my kids Lord" and then there are days I think "thank you Lord, what could be better than seeing my kids serve You full time". Oh the wacky flesh.  Trust me, nothing in this world compares to seeing them serve Him with everything they have and wanting to do this full time. After growing up in a ministry family all I can say is "thank you Lord that You have redeemed much and covered much with Your grace".  I'm so thrilled for them.  They are in such a great place.
As for the church...it's pretty typical upstate kind of church.  For those of you who have no clue what that means I will tell you seeing that I'm an upstate girl.  I felt so at home.  The people are as down to earth as they come, no pretense detected.  Lots and lots of hugs and friendly smiles.  Tremendous freedom of worship, hands raised, clapping.  Strong, bible preaching!  It's the perfect place for a young couple starting out in ministry cause you just feel like they will be loved to death.  It felt much like our first church, just never felt more loved on.  We have told them how super blessed they are because most don't go to this size church this early but for whatever reason God just chose to pour out the blessings.  But a word to Clearview, you are blessed as well!!  This young couple will love all over those students you have there.  They are all about relationships and investing in the lives of teens.  They may make mistakes but it won't be from lack of trying and giving it all they have.
Have to say as well that it was added blessing that Michael's grandmother could be there and my mom got to come.  Super proud of my Jessica and Stephen who got up out of those dorm beds and made the trip to Greenville to support their sibs even with Jess not feeling her best.  You guys rock and I love you!!
I guess you've suffered enough so I'll wrap it up.  We also get to welcome a young couple next week to come work with our students.  I am so pumped about that.  They are precious to us and my prayer is that we will welcome them and love on them just as my kids felt that from their new place of service.  Have a Jesus centered Monday.

1 comment:

Stefanie eaves said...

Dawn.......much love to you and your family!!! All I can say is "GOD is good , ALL the time"........I agree that the blessing of getting older is to see His work in and out of our lives......He is truly a faithful God.........WOW!!!!