Monday, October 11, 2010

Monday Morning Perspective

I loved the message yesterday, Gaining a Proper Perspective, maybe because it was on perspective and I don't think we can ever be challenged too much on keeping the proper perspective.  It is crucial in every area of life whether it be sports or school or our jobs.  Perspective is HUGE!!!
We looked at the passage in Ephesians 3:1-13.  The fact that Paul had a proper perspective, chained to Roman guards in a Roman prison yet calls himself a prisoner of Christ, is one reason he still impacts us today.
My fave part was as we looked at vs 8 we see the humility of Paul.  Eddie pointed out that Paul was completely God-centered.  It blew him away that God chose him.  Oh, how that should be our perspective...completely blown away that God chooses to use us in His service.  I've never been able to come to grips with the fact that God has called me to ministry by being a pastor's wife.  I'm amazed that God would allow me to serve Him in this way and anything good at all that comes from it has to be totally Him.  I know myself too well to think I'm deserving, worthy or capable.  How graceful of God to use us in spite of ourselves.
Also loved how Eddie pointed out the importance we are placing on discipleship because without going deep in His Word we will have no stability when the pain comes  We looked at Job as we examined what our perspective is in the midst of pain and suffering.  Job was blameless, feared God, shunned evil and still suffered.  He grieved yet he worshipped.
In my study this morning in 2Chronicles, God tested Hezekiah to show him his own shortcomings and the attitude of his heart.  God tests us at times to develop our character and prepare us.  Nothing removes that thin veneer of goodness like facing some pressure, trouble, or pain.  Eddie has always said that when we are squeezed the real stuff comes out.  What are you like under pressure or when everything is going wrong?  Those in touch with God don't have to worry about what pressure may reveal about them.  God must have thought I needed a double dose between the message yesterday and this morning's study.  Thank you Lord.

No comments: