Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday Morning Perspective

We spent time in Ephesians yesterday looking at Paul's prayer in 3:14-21.  It's one of my all time favorite prayers in God's Word.
I loved the whole section on Paul's provision for prayer...strength, stability and sanctification.  Out of that section my favorite was on stability.  I had never really put much thought into what "dwell" in verse 17 means.  Eddie said that word means to preside and settle down, to take up permanent residence.  Ok, that sounds good.  I know when He saved me He took up permanent residence in my life.  He also said it means to be comfortable.  Hmmmm...love that part of the definition but it hit me between the eyes.  The list of questions to consider...Is God's Holy Spirit comfortable in your life?  Does He feel at home there?  Is He comfortable where you take Him, with the attitudes you display, the way you treat your family, the way you spend your leisure time, with the language you use?  One of the things I remember my parents always saying is "you can't leave His Holy Spirit at home when you choose to go places and do things you don't want Him to be a part of".  He goes everywhere with us, He sees everything, He is part of every phone conversation we have, every email we send.  He's always present.   I need to take each one of those questions and just spend some time thinking about each of them.  I know there are areas in my life that could stand a change that each one of those questions addressed.  This is definitely one sermon I am going to pick apart piece by piece over the week and examine my life in light of it.  So glad Jesus Christ not only saves us but He redeems us.

No comments: