Thursday, July 2, 2009

Back up and running

Ok, my computer has been giving me fits so had to get it fixed. Yikes, I always swore I would not be computer friendly and now it drives me nuts to be without it for just a few days.
Well since I missed being able to give my monday morning perspective, I will just say it was amazing...loved it loved it. Great sermon for all of us as we celebrate our country and patriotism. Speaking of patriotism let me just say we should all be praying for our first family of SC. It's heart-breaking and nerve-wracking all at the same time. I have to say I have much respect for Jenny Sanford and the way she is conducting herself and at this point controlling her tongue. I really don't know that I would be so kind. I think most of us would be lashing out and tearing him apart but she is protecting her family and being very gracious. We all know that Satan is out to destroy the family but I think at the same time God is at work tearing down our facades and stripping us of our fakeness. Let's pray God gets much glory from this.
We did get to enjoy a few days in Charleston with some friends who welcomed us to spend a few of their vacation days with them, so very thankful. It's always good to get away and I must say for me there's no time I feel closer to God than at the beach. It's just always been my very favorite place. I told them while we were there that we had taken our children to a beach long before they could even walk because they HAD to like it since Eddie and I are so crazy about it. It's the family favorite for vacation. We will be gettting a week there later this summer and I can't wait.
It's been such a busy summer, can hardly believe it's July. I have to say it's my favorite time of the year. I love the heat ( the hotter the better), my kids out of school (although they don't spend as much of their day with me as they used to), vacations, baseball games (and there have been lots of those), a more relaxed schedule (definitely not a relaxed pace). I just love all of it.
I am so excited about what God is doing in our church and what He's going to do. He has been working in some lives lately and I'm so thankful for the stories I've been priviledged to hear. Some of our faithful are hurting and we need to pray daily for them and watch God work. Let's never forget that He is always busy at work even when we don't know exactly what He's doing. He's never absent. Praise Him for that.
Ok, back to the fam. It was good getting on this keyboard again. Have a blessed evening.

No comments: