Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday Morning Perspective

We continued our journey through 1Peter yesterday with a word to the christians work ethic. I've spent the past 21 almost 22 years as a stay-at-home mom. Throughout those years I was constantly reminding myself who I ultimately worked for because as a stay-at-home mom many of you know that there's no pay check which means no raise for a job well done, no co-workers to bond with or pats on the back. It was lonely at times having only little ones to talk to or have lunch with, but let me quickly say that I think I have had the absolute best job in all the world. I wouldn't take anything for it. Most of the rewards may come way down the road but trust me, they do come.
I love the Rebekah principle no matter how many times I hear it. It's something you can use whether with your job or volunteer work, as a student or as an athlete. In our world it doesn't take long to look around and see that very few actually implement that principle. Let me encourage you to be one of them who uses that principle and teaches it to your children. I pray that I implement it myself and that my children will every time they step on the field or into the classroom or on the job site.
Have a super blessed Monday.

No comments: