Sunday, October 2, 2016

Summer's last hurrah

So we ended summer with a bang and went storming full speed into fall. I think that's just the Leopard way. It's all or nothing. Full speed. Go big or go home. 

I never like seeing summer end so Labor Day is rather bittersweet. It's my very favorite season and it never seems to last long enough or go slow enough. I know those of you who hate the hot weather, and I agree there were a few too many 100+ degree days, are ready to see it end but I'll take 104 degrees over 24 degrees any day. Unless there's snow 😉. 

So anyway Labor Day weekend was a memorable one! It started with our youngest proposing to his girlfriend. I know! Another Leopard wedding!  Already! We are so excited and looking forward to evening things out by adding another girl to the fam. It's actually an amazing feeling to feel like all four of your children have chosen so well. Well meaning that they've all chosen to spend their lives with someone who loves Jesus more than they love them and that makes this mom and dad very happy. Yes, they all love their spouses, and soon to be spouse, they serve one another, prioritize one another but Jesus is everything to them. So we are adding one more of those to the fam and she's a perfect fit for all of us and most importantly she's perfect for John! Which is very important around here haha! 

Most of us were able to spend Labor Day together at the lake. That was a wee bit surreal. When I was growing up we spent so much time at my uncle's lake house. He still owns that same house on lake Bowen and it's been probably 20 years since we've been able to go. We lived away for so long and of course being in ministry and not getting away a lot on weekends, we missed a lot of family times there. We didn't have the entire extended family, but we did have a lot of us. It was great seeing cousins again and enjoying the same things we did when we were younger, much younger. It's the same place we all learned to swim. I even remember times my mom and her brother would ski as we rise in the boat. Good times and a good time remembering. 

We saved our family beach vacation til September this year since Mackenzie was due in August. I think we all agree it was worth the wait. The weather was better. The crowd was smaller. It was a great week. Very thankful for the time away and that everyone was able to go. We did all the normal stuff: beach, eating, beach, shopping, beach, eating. Did I say beach? We are all beach lovers and sub crazy! And eating? This crowd eats a lot of food! All kinds of food! That was how most of beach week was spent. And it was all good! 

I have to admit I've enjoyed the cooler days of fall so far. It's been a fun fall so far and it just got started! Looking forward to some days away at a friend's mountain home where we can all spend a few days together again. I'll go ahead and tell you, it will be filled with football games, food, porch time, food, cool temps, food! And I'm sure pics will follow. Have a great week!

No comments: