Sunday, October 23, 2016

Monday Moment

I've thought for the past few weeks a lot about how thankful I am that my children grew up hearing their dad preach their entire life. I'm sure many times, especially when they were young, they tuned out during the message, but I'm a believer in the fact that it sinks in anyway. And I also see effects from it today. I would tell any young parents...NEVER sacrifice preaching for anything else when choosing where to take your family to church. I tell mine all the time still, don't take that for granted. Every church doesn't have it. And music, programs, coolness, whatever, can never be as important as what they hear proclaimed through the preaching of God's Word. Ok, moving on! 


We were blessed to hear a great message on Working Out our salvation as we continue through the great book of Philippians. So many good points were made but a few of my fave were...

...the only running some do is running others down.

...the only lifting some do is lifting self up. 

...obedience is key. Do you always need an authority figure over you to make you do what's right?

...God is our ultimate authority. He sees all. 

...the Holy Spirit lies dormant in too many of us. Connect to the power source. 

...spend more time in THE book instead of facebook. 

...pray and personalize scripture. Eddie gave us an amazing example of how to do that. 

It was a glory bump kind of service. Cross Talk led beautifully and powerfully and prepared us for the message. Always thankful for great worship! 


Speaking of worship...Rise worship was fabulous. When I get to heaven I'm going to be able to sing like these young ones! And the volunteers amaze me with their servant hearts and attitudes of joy!


Justin Broome brought the roof down as he preached from Mark 10 on blind  Bartimaeus. He challenged us to use our stories of redemption to reach those who are hurting and in need of Jesus. Some of my favorite statements...

...the broken pieces of our life matter to God. 

...mercy is radical, a troublemaker. 

...miracles happen in the unexpected places, the in-between places. 

...so often we are identified by our brokenness and we start to believe it when we are called by it. 

...stop making excuses for what we don't have and use what we do have. 

...there will always be people who will tell you to be quiet. 


All in all it was a very good day at Fairview. Grateful!

No comments: