Thursday, December 10, 2015

A public shoutout




I'm a huge believer in speaking truth and love and encouragement over people. But occasionally you have to let others know what a gem someone is and how God is using them so we can give Him glory and praise at His mighty works through people. Here's my public shoutout to my son by marriage Justin Broome. 
Can I tell you, Justin, that you are the heart and face of missions to me. I know you plan AND go on mission to Romania like many others do and that's a HUGE need. But what you do EVERY week, going into the bowels in your own city is what missions looks like to me. You get $0 from it. You get very little recognition for it. You get zero tangible, physical gifts from it. You don't get sightseeing from it. It's not a vacation. What you get is the joy of serving and God's good pleasure and I know for you that's enough. And that's how He birthed Immerse, from your heart to serve people. You go weekly into the heart of our city where most of us are fearful to go and you serve those who most of us care little about and you give to their physical needs but mostly you give them Jesus. You are the face of missions to me, but you are the face of Jesus to them!!!  You have given out of your own pocket when you had nothing to give and given them a meal at the sacrifice of your own. What you do is priceless now but with great reward to come. Jesus doesn't miss one cup of water given in His name. 
I just want you to know that we also see and we also rejoice in your life. I wish I had raised you myself but God knew what He was doing because I would've totally messed you up. I'm just grateful to have you as a son now. You brought to this family what was royally missing and I'm forever grateful. Never let anyone tell you that you are anything less than a great and godly man!! I just pray that when we are in heaven that my mansion isn't too much lower than yours that I can't get to you on a daily basis. 
Thank you for what you do. And thank you for being a leader that leads others to follow in the same path. You are a hero to all of us. I crazy love you!










No comments: