Monday, September 21, 2015

Monday Morning Perspective

40 Days of Prayer and Fasting kicked off yesterday! I've been anticipating this for a while. I just know God is going to do some mighty things in these 40 days and beyond if we will go with Him through this and surrender to Him. I have my new journal ready to go. I have my 40 days of scripture I'm going to be praying. I do have a prayer list but I also just want to see how He leads me to pray. One of the things we've talked about in our house a lot in reference to this is we believe God is going to show Himself in a powerful way one reason being that Satan has seemed to be extra busy. We've seen his fingerprints on some things and we know he is mighty unhappy. I think prayer and fasting is the LAST thing he wants us doing so he has upped his game. Don't fear that. Just armor up! Recognize his handiwork and don't be distracted by it. I've been telling God I'm open to divine interruptions but don't let me be distracted by the junk that seeks to get me off track. So that's my own personal word, about yesterday...
What a great day we had at Fairview. It was good to experience all of the in between service, post service and preservice energy! I love all of our people out greeting and seeing the lobby buzzing with people. Worship was great and the message was as well. A few points to point out ☺️ that I especially loved...
...Jesus assumes we will fast. Mt 6:16
...battles of life worth wining are worth fasting. 
...the purpose isn't to get God on our agenda it's for us to get on His. 
...some battles will never be won and some doors will never be open apart from fasting. 
Looking so forward to being with so many of you Thurs evening at Favor! Have a blessed week and know that you CAN do this!!

No comments: