Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Summer Idea

Hey to all you girls! I wanted to share a great summer opportunity that you may want to jump on. Lifeway is offering two summer bible studies online. The only cost to you is the cost of the workbook. One study is called Seamless by Angie Smith. It's a great overview study from Genesis to Revelation. It's especially good for those new to bible study but also for everyone else. The other study is by Kelly Minter called What Love Is and is a verse by verse study through 1,2,and 3John. This is the one I've chosen because, in case you haven't heard, my husband's summer series will be 1John ssshhhhh ;)! That means I can just go all in there and get filled up with those letters. Both are only 7 weeks. Lifeway will post a video once a week from these authors to go along with your workbook study. You can watch it any time and any where. You don't have to worry about getting behind on vacation. You can watch laying by the pool or wherever you are. But it keeps us in the Word girls!! We don't want to take a summer vacation from studying scripture! You can do it alone or get some friends together and do it with a small group. You can go online to Lifeway and sign up and they'll email you when it gets started and you can get more info! 
Also summer is when I catch up on my reading! I usually save up some books for those times I'm laying by the pool or on vacation or long rides. I'm going to start with The Best Yes by Lysa Terkeurst. I've heard great things about that one. Also I'm planning on reading Tim Keller's The Freedom of Self-Forgetfulness. I have a feeling this one will kill me and his book Prayer. Actually I've heard you should read anything Tim Keller writes! One I would recommend that I've already read is The Uncommon Woman by Susie Larson. It's a great read! And if you've never read The Wild Goose Chase by Mark Batterson, read that first! It changed many things about my life and it's one I always recommend. All In by Batterson is another good one. 
Don't forget all the opportunities at Fairview and through Favor this summer. Summer is my favorite time of year and it always goes by so fast. Don't get to the end of it and realize you left the important stuff behind or it got squeezed out by the fun and sun. Stay in church girlfriends and stay in the Word on your own! I'm so thankful God never takes a vaca from me and my neediness! Love you al!

No comments: