Monday, May 11, 2015

Monday Morning Perspective

Mother's Day 2015 is in the books. I hope yours was great! One thing I always want us to remember is that we don't have to birth children to mother. I love my mother more than any woman on the planet but I've had more than a few mother me. Some when I was young and had other women, even my mom's friends, pour into my life. Some have been just slightly older than me but invested in me and mentored me in life and faith. I've had the privilege of having some younger women in my life that have allowed me to "mother" them in some way. I'm thankful for those I know who have done the same for my children. Please don't let Mother's Day or Father's Day make you feel left out. If you feel a loss or emptiness in that area, look for opportunities to invest in the lives of others. It makes a difference. 
Now for church yesterday, it was great! It always is great to gather with our church family to worship and fellowship. My husband had a great word from Mark 7 and Matthew 15 as we see Jesus venture into Gentile territory and heal the Canaanite woman's daughter. The points I loved most from this message...
...when Jesus shows up, He shows out. And He should always stick out in our lives. 
...she had heard about Jesus and was willing to see if He would help her. Are we telling, so others can hear and be willing to trust Him? 
...Jesus annihilated the thought that we must come to Him through the Jewish door. We don't come to Him through the Jewish door or denominational door. We come through the gospel door. 
...crumbs from the master's table are better than anything else we can get. She was willing to take whatever. How many of us would be insulted or just walk away? 
...she believed before she saw that her daughter was healed. 
...the daughter wasn't in the area near Jesus but her mother was. Preach!
...the world says give your children stuff. God says give them Jesus and yourself. 
Have a super blessed week. This Sunday will be fantastic at both campuses so don't miss it. And invest in that person this weekend and bring them. Don't give up on anyone. It may take just one more invite!!
A few of my pics from yesterday...

No comments: