Sunday, July 13, 2014

Monday Morning Perspective

I say it I say it every week I know, but my man brings it EVERY SINGLE WEEK!! We are blessed! I am blessed! No taking it for granted!! 
We looked at what true celebration is based on Nehemiah 12. Taken straight from the scripture we saw that celebration involves worship. Love how Eddie pointed out three key words: glory, offer and sacrifice. Remember worship isn't just when we gather. It's also when we scatter. 
Celebration involves cleansing and thanksgiving. It involves rejoicing and giving. The world says to celebrate when we get something. We celebrate a bonus, a promotion, a new job. God wants us to discover whether we see ourselves as sovreign, which says "I will decide what I do with my money because it's mine".  Or do we see ourselves as stewards which says we believe God owns it all and we are managers. 
The reminder was that we can't outgive God. We may make what we consider sacrifices but the greatest sacrifice of all was Jesus dying on the cross for our sins. We are called to be living sacrifices. 
We will wrap Nehemiah next week. Don't miss it or you'll miss the surprise ending ☺️. 
Have a blessed week. Be intentional as you seek opportunities to share Jesus. If we are not intentional, it will never happen!! Eyes and hearts wide open, be blessed!!


No comments: