Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday Morning Perspective

Yea, yea, yea, I know it's not morning but couldn't bring myself to break out the computer with so much good conversation with the hubs going on. We get into talking church and I don't want to cut it off.  We are just both so excited about some things right now and praying and expecting some huge things from God on behalf of our church family.  We are also praying that our Millbrook family will join with us in this excitement and praying for this new year for Millbrook.
Anyways...loved the message yesterday!!!  Also loved the passion with which it was preached.  All these years and I'm still amazed at the anointing of God on Eddie as he stands to preach, absolutely mind blowing. 
We looked at the marks of a wise Christian and I must say my toes are sore and the conviction was heavy and come 6am this morning after my wakeup call from David Caver about school closing I was praying over those things from the message and how God needs to continue doing a work in my heart.
When we were talking about being controlled by the Holy Spirit, I couldn't help but think of a friend who was attacked about her son by a mom when their boys were very young maybe 5ish.  I remember this friend just "taking it" when she could have easily tore into this lady.  To me, when you can do that when your child is involved, you are a wise Spirit-controlled Christian.  Oh that all of us would respond that way.  Wise, Spirit-controlled people are the ones I am deliberately surrounding myself with.  However, we all have to be on guard at all times...prayed up and people in the Word so that Satan doesn't catch us with our guard down.  That's usually when we blow our witness and the respect others have for us. 
Praying all are safe in this snowy winter wonderland...how I love it.  Just for everything to shut down and have a day or two to stay put and enjoy being together drinking that hot chocolate and sitting by the fire and yes even blogging when I know that's what I should do but now ready to turn this thing off and get some spaghetti going for dinner and enjoy the BCS Championship game with a room full of my favorite people and really missing my 2 upstate children.  Blessings to all!!

No comments: