Saturday, July 24, 2010

Oh the tears are beginning to flow...

I love when God teaches me things about people and relationships because I'm a relationship crazy person. He's done a lot of it lately. Sometimes there are painful lessons, some maybe I'd rather not have to learn but they're necessary. Sometimes they are encouraging things. I try to learn even from the negative, you know when you know people and you think "Lord help me not to act like that or react like that or respond to others in that way". Or you know people that you definitely don't want your kids to grow up and be like so you use that to aid your parenting style as well as people that you think "wow would love for my kids to turn out like that or I pray I respond as well as so and so did". I've known plenty of adults who whether they can afford things or not buy it because they just have to have it...wants become needs. They have to have bigger and better and newer than everyone else. I guess my kids pay for that in a way because it makes me more intentional in teaching them the difference between wants and needs and giving rather than receiving.
He's taught me some things about a couple of people lately. He's taught me a lot through wedding planning...
I'm so glad that Chrissie is focused on having a wedding that is worshipful and Christ-centered and not all about attention on herself. She's never liked being the center of attention anyway so a large wedding causes her a bit of anxiety. She's much more about the marriage and ministry with Michael than one particular day that revolves around her. She hasn't had one moment of being a bridezilla, which I wouldn't be able to stand, her attitude has been much more "that's fine, whatever". I've seen her stay focused on what's really important even when some hiccups came and she could have said "who's wedding is this anyway".
We've also learned a lot about our soon to be son-in-law. I hope every godly young woman out there will hold out for a man like him. He's wise WELL beyond his years and so focused on Christ it's just hard to throw him, such faith and faithfulness. We spent some time with him this summer in Orlando and took him with us to Disney. Listen, we picked him up early one morning, went to 3 parks that day in blazing heat then some rain which then made it so humid, made him lead the way because he knows those parks like his own hand. We were exhausted. We sat down to eat dinner at 11pm, yes 11:00 at night eating dinner (Michael eats often and his dinner hour I'm sure is not that late)!! Eddie and I talked when we got back to the hotel about the fact that Michael was exactly the same ALL day. Sitting there that night worn out, famished, and drenched from sweat, Michael was just like he was early that morning and all throughout the day...cheerful, talkative, positive. Now you just can't fake that folks. Chrissie said he was like that all last summer working with him. No matter the workload, stress, complaining of others, he was always the same and you can't fake that all summer. Chrissie grinned and said yea it's annoying at times haha. Said it before, he is the real deal.
I'm so excited for them and what I know God is going to do through their ministry together. I'm trying so hard to blog them a wedding post but the tears are flowing so much right now I don't know how I'll do it. I was riding home from the gym today listening to O How He Loves Us and burst into tears. I rode up to where their reception will be and just bawled my eyes out as I thought about the day upon us. Yea I got looks, don't really care. Noone seemed to care enough to ask me if I was ok. so there. Trust me I'm not crying because I'm sad she's getting married, well maybe a little, but more over how faithful God is. He really does love us sooooo. She's dated some godly young men and had godly dating relationships and she so deserves all of this. Michael Hux you are getting one pure bride who has waited all her life for you and we are thrilled that we all serve a God who is so faithful and rewarding. You both deserve one another and that's a compliment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet and precious. I rejoice with you that God has his hand on this marriage and that your sweet girl is getting a godly man!!!!! Crying with you because of a Mother's love!!!!! Being a parent is such a hard job when your kids are growing up but this makes it worth it all!!!!! Gives me some encouragement!!!!!!! God bless you all!!!!!!!

Shanda