Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday Morning Perspective

Dare to be different---a challenge for Christians of all ages I believe. Yesterday I left our student sunday school teachers meeting at the same time that the 9:00 service was letting out. I got caught up going in the opposite direction of everyone else. It was tough trying to get by and get to where I was going when everyone else was moving opposite of me and coming at me. I thought of that as I sat through the sermon, how tough it is in life to be going in a direction that is not the norm. As Christians we are called to be different and at the same time influence and impact others without being obnoxious and turning them off. It's always a struggle to feel like you are fitting in just enough to gain others trust to be able to influence them for Christ, yet not so much that we compromise. I don't believe that that is a struggle only for teens. I think we all struggle a certain amount with that. We are called to be holy in ALL we do, from the way we talk to the places we go to how we dress and how we deal with relationships. It seems overwhelming at times and something we can definitely not do apart from the Holy Spirit. I am so thankful for Peter and this epistle he wrote and I am thankful for a husband who preaches it with such passion and boldness.

No comments: