Wednesday, October 15, 2008

New Beginnings

I have no idea why I am doing this other than the fact that I have always kept a journal and I suppose this is the techno way to journal. Oh well, here goes.
I have no idea why I am so psyched lately and feel such a surge of energy other than the fact that I love new beginnings. It seems like I have a fresh outlook on so many things. I know I may be alone in this opinion but I kinda like change. Not all change. But I think change gives us fresh perspective on everything. We serve a God of 2nd chances and although He never changes and His Word never changes, I think He's a God who gives us do-overs and I like that. I mess up a lot and I need lots of do-overs. I also like that God is a creative God and allows us, really even challenges us, to grow and change as we are supposed to be becoming more like Him. I praise Him that I am not the person I was 5 years ago or 10 years ago or especially 20 years ago. I want to be ever-changing and ever-growing.
Changes lately:
-An almost entirely new staff at church. Wow. They bring such energy and excitement.
-My oldest daughter left for college this year. Big change for us all.
-Some new relationships
-Change in opinions and perspectives
-Definitely a change in how I journal
There are some things that I love that are still the same:
-My God is always the same
-Same husband for over 20 years
-Same 4 children
-Same precious relationships
-Same passion for ministry
-Same love for God's family
-Same desire to see others fall in love with Jesus
Just so you know, this is meant to be a fun, encouraging way of communicating. The desire is to never be offensive. Love to all.

No comments: