Sunday, April 3, 2016

Monday Morning Perspective

Today we began the journey through the book of Ecclesiastes. It was a great introduction to this series that served to whet our appetite for what's to come over the next 14 weeks. Needless to say it's going to be an exciting, thought provoking time ahead. If you're like me and you know Jesus as your Savior and assured of heaven one day, then our biggest thing may be "but what about now?"  I want to know how my life can be meaningful NOW. I don't want to waste my time here. I want purpose and meaning. But maybe you're not so sure about the future. Maybe you're still investigating the Christian faith and you want to know what difference that makes anyway when it comes to living a life of purpose now.  I believe this series will be for both of us!
Eddie began this series talking about the avenues to worldly success. They consist of a good education, work and pleasure. He followed that with the results that come from following the world's way and concluded with the statement "been there, done that, now what?"  
My takeaways from this message were questioning myself on what am I doing with the dash. You know, that dash that lies between when you were born and when you will die. Whether that dash represents a short amount of time or a long time, what we do with it matters. 
I also came away with the determination that I don't want to get to the point where I'm a cynical and bitter old. And I don't want to become so enamored with temporal things that I forget what is truly meaningful and brings purpose to life. 
As Eddie said "fear God, keep His commandments". Without Jesus we have a hopeless end. With Jesus we have endless hope. 
May this Monday find you enamored with the reality of how much Jesus loves you!!

No comments: