Sunday, February 14, 2016

Monday Morning Perspective

I'm not sure how Sunday's service hit you, but at the risk of scaring some of you I'll tell you that after that last worship song singing about our Great I AM, I could've taken a few laps around the worship center. And after that message I could've taken a few more. Don't worry friends, I wouldn't do that without a very clear word from the Lord Himself, but just know, that's how I felt. And if you've never felt that, I'm going to pray that you will very soon because there's nothing like it!!
Anyway our new series is Life on Mission.  I believe I said it earlier that this could be a life changer and now I know it can be. And when this series changes lives, it's going to change our church. More of Him, less of us. 
This series started with a challenge to live lives that glorify God. I'm not going to give away a lot because if you didn't hear it, you will be much better off listening to the entire sermon than reading highlights here. However, Eddie made some points I'd love to share.
First of all, read it, memorize it, live it...our church vision statement...we exist to glorify God and make disciples who live life on mission. 
In our every decisions, actions, even our thoughts we should ask, does this glorify God and does it bring good to others? 
We can be a stepping stone for others or a stumbling block. 
Our liberty stops where it may cause another to stumble. 
A life that glorifies God is a life that is concerned about others. 
Love in the form of a servant is the best theology. 
When we live for the glory of God we won't be able to contain what God will do. 
This church is a movement to glorify God. 
Glorify God in your salvation and glorify Him in your situation. 
Before I act, or write on social media, ask is this permissible and is it beneficial?
Can't wait til next week! And don't forget THIS Sunday starts our Sunday night service in the Alive Center! We are SUPER excited about this and how we believe God is going to use this service! The Basement will be open at 5 for coffee, service starts at 6! Pray for leaders who will be serving! Pray for Keiffer and the band as they lead worship! Pray for Eddie as he preaches a 3rd service! And pray that people will come and bring others and many will meet Jesus and begin the journey of discipleship. This is a HUGE opportunity and we don't want to miss it! Love our church and the opportunity to serve Jesus here! 


No comments: