Monday, September 9, 2013

Monday Morning Perspective

As I sit to write this morning, I'm so tempted to say "you just had to be there".  It was one of those services that words seem unable to express the emotion and the fullness of it.
First of all, we surpassed the goal that was set so next time we will push it a bit.  Our numbers are climbing every week not only in worship but sunday school is honing in on 600.  Again, like Eddie said, numbers matter.  They represent people and all people have souls and every soul will spend all of eternity somewhere.  It also represents people hearing the Word and that's the point, right? So, yay Fairview fam for investing and inviting!! People are showing up and lives are being changed!!  The best kept secret is getting out!!!
There was so much energy in the lobby between services.  The coffee is a huge plus.  People are hanging out and enjoying that time to love on each other and catch up!!  That energy has a way of pouring right into the worship center.
A huge shoutout to our worship leader Ryan Burns and CrossTalk band.  Ryan offered a huge challenge to us to push past that tendency to see worship as a performance.  And that he shared that so obviously from the heart was huge.  He is right when he said so many of us, and I'm the biggest one of all, can go to concerts or watch our fave team and get all into it and (lose our mind over it) and we come to worship and we dial it down a notch.  When those lights went down and they started leading His Presence, well, there's no words for that so I won't even try.  It was the most incredible time I've experienced in an extremely long time.  His Presence, it was so much more than a song yesterday!!! Thank you Ryan for speaking truth over us and leading us.  BTW...I'm a huge fan of those lights being down!!
Then came the message.  My man is the man.  No apologies for bragging on him.  I would say as he would say as well, it's God and it's always God!!  He's only the vessel, just the mouthpiece,  but I'm so thankful God uses him the way he does.  His anointing is obvious but knowing the hours he pours over every message makes me so appreciative and love him all the more.  Yesterday, he encouraged us in suffering by showing us Paul's heart through dire circumstances but he also encouraged us by sharing his own personal sufferings.  Keeping it real is the only way.
My big take away was that so many people are hurting and suffering and they don't need a diagnosis many times.  They need encouragement.  They need to know that we care as they hang on by a thread.
The other thing I thought about was how many calls and sit downs with people Eddie has had as they heard the journey God had us on the past few years and how it's been used to encourage others who are feeling the same way at the moment.  God doesn't waste anything.  He uses every single bit of our story if we will let Him.
As I go through this week, I know it will be going through my mind and heart, why am I doing what I'm doing?  Are my motives pure? Do I have a proper perspective?
Keep inviting, every week gets better, people need to know we see and we care and the greatest way to show that is bringing them to Jesus.

No comments: