Thursday, June 24, 2010

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

As for blogging...sometimes God tells me to share things that may be helpful to others and sometimes He makes me keep things to myself. I'm thrilled when it helps others because I love to read other blogs, they help me as well. Sometimes when I read others, just like with sermons, it can be convicting or encouraging. I always like it when it steps on my toes a bit. Most of the stuff I do is either for fun or what God is doing in my life. I don't write with the intent of what it may mean to others, but what God is pointing out in my own life. I love hearing back from so many, we can all learn from one another. Enough said...
Bridal portrait setting...so wish I could put all of those pics on here from yesterday, but no way. I can't risk the groom to be seeing them. Trust me, they are gorgeous. They were all outside and it was 99 degrees!! We were praying for mercy and occassionally God sent a cool breeze. Very thankful for the ability to erase the sweat from the brow by our photographer. It was such a sweet time, but very surreal. Just can't believe this time has come. I am so grateful that I love that groom to be, makes all of this so much more fun.
Beach Camp...we leave tomorrow with our students for camp at Garden City. Absolutely can't wait. Been doing this with our students for 15 years now and we love it as much as the kids. We are taking our staff college students to serve so pray for them, so thrilled that they were so willing. Howards and Revelles will be with us, love our students getting to know our ministers. Jake of course will be there for our kids. We will have someone coming in to lead worship and Eddie will be camp pastor. Pray for all of us as we seek to minister to our students and may all of us leave a little, or a lot, healthier than we go.
Appreciate so many of you who have been praying for us, those who are always supportive and encouraging. We know that God has called us to serve and I promise you we do that as best we can. I'm sure it's not always the way some think it should be but from the bottom of my heart, we are seeking Christ and His leadership with all that we have and our heart's desire is to follow Him. Love to all and may we never miss opportunities He brings our way.

No comments: