Thursday, May 13, 2010

One Big Day after Another







Do not know if we have ever had a busier spring. But it's been a good busy. We don't do boredom well around here. We're not about being all over the place 24/7, we're much more about being together and busy, but we definitely don't like sitting around watching one t.v. show after another. Needless to say we have been on the move. LOTS of baseball, a fabulous prom for Stephen and Kaylin, wedding planning, graduation planning, summer planning...just so much enjoyment and much to look forward to.
Baseball has been incredible. The boys are in the lower state championship tomorrow night at South Aiken vs. Brookland-Cayce. They have to beat us twice...ain't happenin!! Jess' new boyfriend's in town, Stephen's girlfriend is coming to town, John's girlfriend will be there. MIA...Michael Hux. Already texted him to tell him how much we will all miss him and tempting him to catch a cheap flight. A mom and I were talking just yesterday about what a great baseball year it has been: no cancerous attitudes, no big-shots, lots of family bonding, an all around great atmosphere. A huge part of me hates to see it all end although I am kinda tired of my head pounding and my stomach aching day after day wondering what if and who are we playing and who's on the mound, etc. It's been a year that I would hope every senior has the opportunity to go out on. Way to go TBreds!! Love my baseball family more and more, what a great bunch of families.
It's also time to order wedding invitations and start working on that and detailing flower arrangements. Busy shopping for the bridesmaids gifts and wondering if we've covered everything because it seems like we are at a standstill at the moment with not much to do. So excited about all of it.
Tomorrow is also Awards Day for graduates, that includes Stephen. Can't believe it. It's sorta creeped up on me probably because I have tried to keep it at the very back of my mind. As it gets closer to graduation, it gets tougher fighting the tears but I'm trying!! Much more on that later but can't handle it right now.
Summer is fast approaching and the calendar is filling up. I am so excited about this summer for lots of reasons but mostly it's going to seem more like summers I've been used to and enjoyed. Hoping for a lot of pool days and relaxing, grilling with friends and family, and of course BASEBALL and WEDDING stuff.
God is so good. I love Him so and trusting Him more and more every day because I know He's a God who can handle all of this much better than I can.

No comments: